What Do Gadgety People of the UK Want From the iTablet?
Top shopping website VoucherCodes.co.uk commissioned a survey of 3,000 people across the nation, which lays bare what Britons want from Appleâ€™s latest creation and what they might be prepared to pay for it.
Worryingly for Apple CEO Steve Jobs, price is a key concern for British shoppers.
The OnePoll survey of 3,000 people from across the UK revealed that 54% of British consumers would consider buying the Apple iTablet, however, 25% would only buy it if it was the right price.
46% of British consumers indicated that they would only be prepared to spend Â£250 on the Apple iTablet a long way off what the most recent rumour has it as.
More encouragingly if the new device has strong gaming functionality then there would appear to be a huge opportunity for Apple to take the lucrative gaming industry by storm. 49% of British shoppers indicated that they would find an Apple iTablet a more desirable gaming device than the Nintendo DS or a Sony PSP if it could play games.
Do People Want It?
- 54% in total would consider buying an Apple iTablet
- 25% would buy it at the right price
- 8% would buy it with the right features
- 14% will wait for Apple to iron out any bugs
- 2% would buy it immediately
- 40% see no use for or have no interest in it
What Would People Pay?
- 46% of British consumers would only be prepared to spend Â£250 on the Apple iTablet
- 25% would pay Â£500
- 21% would pay less than Â£100
What Do People Most Want It To Do?
- Web browser
- Download and read books, magazines and newspapers on the go
- Download and view movies on a high resolution screen
- Download, manage and play music
- Writing slate that converts handwriting to text
What Do People Want to Read on the Apple iTablet?
- Books (54%)
- Newspapers (48%)
- Work or Study Documents (26%)
- Blogs (20%)
- Adult material (7%)
What Would People Pay for a Weekly Newspaper Subscription on the iTablet?
- Nothing (Free) (35%)
- Less than Â£1 (17%)
- Â£1 (12%)
- Â£2 (16%)
- Â£3 (5%)
- 49% of British shoppers would prefer an Apple iTablet to a Nintendo DS or a Sony PSP if it could play games.
Most Popular Names for the Apple iTablet
- iTablet (27%)
- iPad (25%)
- iSlate (12%)
Least Popular Names for the Apple iTablet
- iBrick (1.43%)
- iChunk (1.87%)
- iSlab (2.13%)