UK Christmas Searches Data Revealed
After revealing that the Xbox 360 was the hotty for teens it seems that it’s the Wii who is winning the Christmas shopping battle – according to online shopping data from AOL Shopping UK and PriceGrabber.co.uk.
The funky ‘n’ friendly motion-sensing console has managed to grab 44% of searches since the start of December compared to the Xbox 360’s 35% and the Sony PS3’s 20%.
It’s not over for Sony though, as other stats show that Sony Blu-ray players are the choice this crimbo for spinning those Blu movies nabbing 44% of the crop, with the company’s BDP-S350 likely to be under most trees this Christmas.
Panasonic Blu-ray follows with 43%, then there’s a drop to Samsung’s 7%, Pioneer’s 3% and Sharp’s mere 0.53%.
The top ten most popular “digital” products searched for overall, according to the data, is as follows:
1. Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000 32-inch LCD TV
2. Acer Aspire One AOA110-Aw notebook
3. Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 40-inch LCD TV
4. Sony KDL-40W4000 40-inch LCD TV
5. Panasonic DMC-FZ28 black digital camera
6. HP Compaq 2133 Mini-Note notebook
7. Samsung NC10 white notebook
8. Asus Eee PC 901 black notebook
9. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5EB-K black digital camera
10. Pioneer PDP-LX5090 50-inch plasma TV
Are you expecting any of the above under your tree or stuffed in your stocking this year?