TP-Link Talon AD7200 – world’s fastest router
TP-Link is well known in the area of networking hardware and produces a huge range of dependable products. Their latest creation, the Talon AD7200, is the world’s fastest router supporting the most powerful standard available today, 802.11ad.
Following the initial announcement at CES in January this year, TP-Link has unleashed the rather dramatically dubbed Talon AD7200 router.
What makes this router so special is that it is capable of running the new 60GHz band with speeds which can exceed Gigabit Ethernet. This gives you the power to download 100 photos in less than a second, an HD movie in less than 40 seconds and a full 4K movie in less than eight minutes.
Not only that, it looks pretty awesome too!
Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-LINK USA proclaimed:
With the Talon AD7200, we’ve bringing consumers the fastest Wi-Fi ever made… We’re excited to see the response from our customers when they are able to stream and download 4K movies in the blink of an eye, or transfer huge files and photos in seconds. It’s a completely different experience than most of us are used to from our network, and we’re excited to deliver this innovative technology to the world for the very first time.”
Chris Taylor, director of RF and wireless components, Strategy Analytics discussed the potential of this latest wireless technology and said:
802.11ad technology powers a brand new class of experiences in the connected home, including lag-free wireless docking, multiple 4K video streams, and instantaneous content sharing, gaming and downloading,”
Here’s a break down of the Talon’s specification:
Multi-band and leading antenna design for home coverage
As the number of Wi-Fi devices in the home steadily rises, consumers will require faster, most reliable Wi-Fi to manage the high bandwidth across their home network. The Talon AD7200 runs multiple bands at an unprecedented 7.2 Gbps to provide complete coverage for all your devices.
The new 60GHz (4600Mbps) band is a perfect single-room Wi-Fi solution that supports more simultaneous connections without interference. On top of 60GHz, the router’s 5GHz (1733Mbps) and 2.4GHz (800Mbps) bands cover the rest of your home in powerful AC2600 Wi-Fi.
The Talon AD7200 uses eight high-gain antennas-seven external, one internal-as well as an external 60GHz antenna array to create strong Wi-Fi connections across your home. Beamforming helps the router locate Wi-Fi devices and focus its wireless signal in their direction.
Reliable connections and better performance
The 60GHz band uses beam-steering technology to detect objects and direct the Talon AD7200’s Wi-Fi along the clearest path to devices. If there’s something between the router and a wireless device, like a chair or couch, beam-steering sends Wi-Fi around it for a stronger connection.
MU-MIMO allows the Talon AD7200 to simultaneously communicate with multiple devices on its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, reducing wait times and speeding up connections. With MU-MIMO, more users can be online at once without affecting the router’s performance.
Faster speeds and a powerful network
A 1.4GHz dual-core processor balances the demands of your devices to keep their connections fast and uninterrupted. Four-Stream creates faster Wi-Fi connections by adding an extra data stream to both the Talon AD7200’s 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands. The four total streams per band greatly increases Wi-Fi speed, letting you enjoy intensive activities, like gaming or watching movies in 4K, without lag.
Now, you can game online, stream movies, download files and share media while the powerful dual-core processor seamlessly manages each Wi-Fi band, every connection and all of the router’s hardware and software.
- Wireless AD: Supports 802.11ad, the latest breakthrough in wireless technology, for Wi-Fi speeds faster than Gigabit Ethernet
- AD7200 Multi-Band: Runs three separate Wi-Fi bands, 60GHz (4600Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 2.4GHz (800Mbps)
- Leading-edge antenna design: Creates superior Wi-Fi coverage with eight external antennas, beamforming, and beam-steering
- Future-proof your network: Works with all existing Wi-Fi devices and all future Wireless AD devices
- MU-MIMO: Communicates with several devices at once to reduce wait times and speed up connections
- 4-Stream: Increases overall wireless speeds by adding an extra data stream to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor: Handles multiple connections at the same time to keep your network running at peak performance
- Gigabit Ethernet: Create fast, reliable wired connections with four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Dual USB 3.0 ports: Transfers files, music, movies, and photos on attached drives across your network at incredible speed
- VPN: Securely access files on devices connected through USB and Wi-Fi from anywhere
- Guest Network: Provides visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Parental Controls: Manage when and how connected devices can access the Internet
- Tether: Makes it easy to manage your Wi-Fi settings anywhere with the free TP-LINK Tether app (Android, iOS)
TP-Link Talon AD7200 price and availability
In terms of pricing, the Talon AD7200 has an MSRP of $349.99 over in the states – hopefully a UK price and release date will be announced soon.