Top 10 bespoke boat requests of the rich and famous
Like all other aspects of life, there are those that have, and those that have much more.
For the elite their boats have to be customised. I am not talking about a neat go-faster stripe, either.
Glass staircases, infinity pools and replica grand prix tracks, these and more unique add-ons money can buy.
Southampton Boat Show
Celebrating the lifestyle, fun and excitement that being on the water has to offer, TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show has today released a list of some of the top bespoke requests from yacht owners. However, these aren’t your usual tweaks.
Spoiler – the list includes hovering beds and crystal pianos!
Top 10 bespoke boat additions
To help mark Britain’s biggest festival of boating this September, Canadian comedian and presenter of ‘How’d You Get So Rich?’, Katherine Ryan, has been looking at some of the more unusual bespoke requests ever seen on board.
- James Bond style security in a private defense system designed to detect intruders and camera-wielding spectators. In fact, if you try to take pictures of the Eclipse boat, it uses modern light technology to block them!
- Monaco Grand Prix track replica complete with tunnel complex that runs around the deck of The Streets Of Monaco ‘hyper yacht’.
- A glass staircase on the Sheikh of Dubai vessel even changes colour to create different moods.
- Sport courts are becoming somewhat of a trend with everything from basketball to tennis and even football being played on superyachts on full sized courts.
- A dedicated cigar room on the Gulf Craft features leather armchairs, octagonal storing tables and themed stonework.
- A state of the art recording studio, so amazing that Mick Jagger used it to record his album ‘Super Heavy’, has pride of place on the Octopus boat.
- An indoor vertical garden to give guests green landscapes while at sea regardless of the season. The Laurel even has a temperature controlled fresh herb and spice section.
- An infinity pool on the Seven Seas that stretches off the back of the yacht creating the illusion of swimming in the sea itself.
- A man-made lake aboard The Streets Of Monaco also comes complete with a mini waterfall and café car, with underwater views of course!
- A zip wire which runs from the boat into the sea is available to guests on the Hampshire II.
Some people like to enjoy the very best in luxury. So much so, their spending habits can get somewhat extravagant in their bid to go bigger and better. It’s been a fascinating project to work on and a real eye-opener into the lives of the rich and famous.”
Murray Ellis, Chief Officer of Boat Shows, British Marine, comments:
The world of superyachts is a real aspiration and sits at the luxury end of boating. Visitors to TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show will have the unique opportunity to explore hundreds of stunning boats including large yachts, which will be moored up along the Show’s purpose-built marina, Europe’s largest. We will also be offering visitors of all ages some fantastic attractions to help them start their own journey on the water, including mini-cruises on the Show’s passenger boat, Stand Up Paddleboarding, dinghy sailing and kayaking. Experts will be on hand to offer advice on how to get your boating adventure started on a minimal budget whilst you dream of owning your own superyacht one day.”
For more details or to buy your tickets today, visit www.southamptonboatshow.com