The Ultimate Flight Controller? Saitec X52Pro
If you’re looking to make that aircraft simulation a little bit more realistic what you’re probably missing is realistic controls.
The X52Pro is probably as close as you’re going to get short of wiring up a cockpit in your living room.
Saitec have built upon their wonderful X52 and now the MFD screen is interactive so that you can display important in-game information such as the Radio Stack and interact with your games directly.
Shipping with support for Microsoftâ€™s Flight Simulator X, thereâ€™s also a Software Development Kit (SDK) included.
Chose between night-friendly red, green or amber illumination for the different LED buttons on the controller. Using the SDK, you can also program the LEDs to react to conditions in your game such as flashing red during a stall or changing colour when pressed.
Here’s a list – and I mean a list – of controls:
- Precision centering mechanism, non-contact technology on X and Y axes and constant spring force reduce free play, improve control and increase durability
- 2-stage metal trigger; 2 primary buttons in 1 convenient position
- 4 fire buttons including missile launcher with spring-loaded safety cover for instant access
- Conveniently positioned metal pinkie switch provides shift functionality to double up on programmable commands
- 2 X 8-way Hat Switches
- 3D rudder twist
- 3-position rotary mode selector switch with LED indicators
- 3 spring-loaded, base-mounted toggle switches for up to 6 programmable flight commands
- 5-position handle adjustment system to suit all hand sizes
- Progressive throttle with tension adjustment, detents for afterburner and idle
- 2 fire buttons
- Scroll wheel with built-in button
- Mouse controller / hat switch with left mouse button
- 8-way hat switch
- 2 x rotary controls
- Smooth-action slider control
- Clutch button initiates â€˜safe modeâ€™ to allow on-the-fly profile selection, or to display button functionality without activating
Grab Â£140 and kick the tyres before it’s chocks away and out into the big blue!