Peli celebrates 40 years of protecting your gear
Pelican stands as the global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance protective cases and advanced portable lighting tools. The company has been looking after sensitive equipment in the harshest conditions since 1976.
Their cases are designed to be rugged and overcome the harshest environments on earth. Against the extreme cold of the arctic or the heat of battle, Peli cases have survived. In addition, Peli’s lighting tools are used by professionals including firefighters, police, military, aerospace, industrial, as well as consumers for general and outdoor use.
Lyndon Faulkner, Pelican’s President and CEO said
Pelican has been on an amazing journey from its beginnings in a garage in 1976 to becoming the global power in the design and manufacture of the toughest products in their categories… Our continued success is a testament to the people who have contributed their ideas, vision, enthusiasm and hard work over the years.”
Commercial / Government
Reliable protective case solutions and advanced portable lighting tools for the military, fire, law enforcement, aerospace and industrial professionals worldwide.
Peli’s Consumer Division
Full line of protective cases for mobile phones and tablets, coolers, luggage and advanced lighting systems. Whether you’re an avid outdoorsman, adventurer, techy, or photographer, you’ll be ready for any of life’s adventures with Peli products.
The widest range of temperature-controlled, thermally-protected packaging and service solutions to the global life sciences industry. The company’s products ensure that delicate biological materials arrive intact and effective, despite exterior environments.
The timeline below provides a quick glance at pivotal developments in the company’s history, including new product launches, strategic acquisitions and international expansion:
- 1976 – Pelican is founded by Dave Parker in a Torrance, California garage
- 1978 – The first Pelican Protector case is created
- 1981 – The first Pelican SabreLite is introduced
- 1997 – Peli brand is born for the European market, and EMEA Headquarters set up in Barcelona
- 2004 – Pelican is purchased by private equity firm Behrman Capital
- 2006 – Lyndon Faulkner appointed as CEO
- 2007 – Rapid global expansion in Asia and Europe.
- 2008 – General Peter Pace becomes the Chairman of Pelican board
- The company purchases Bluei UK and their popular Remote Area Lighting System is born
- 2009 – Pelican purchases its nearest case rival – Hardigg Industries
- 2011 – The company purchases noted Australian rotational molded case maker Trimcast
- 2011 – More global expansion with offices opening in India, Singapore and South Africa
- 2012 – Peli consumer products are launched – coolers and backpacks
- 2013 – Company purchases noted temperature controlled packaging company Minnesota Thermal Science
- 2014 – Company purchases Cool Logistics in the United Kingdom and forms Peli BioThermal after unifying it with Minnesota Thermal Science
- Peli introduces their smartphone and consumer electronics case line
- 2015 – Peli’s Commercial/Government, Consumer and BioThermal divisions are created