New iPhone Spec List and Launch Date Outed
Wired has some interesting news on the iPhone rumour front.
Apparently Cupertino’s next handset will indeed be announced at WWDC.
As well as that it will be sporting an OLED display and a glowing Apple logo – and launch on July 17!
There’s plenty more juicy stuff on Wired’s site but the most tantalising must be the posted spec list………….
You want it don’t you?
Here it is then………………
The spec list on Wired reads:
- 32GB and 16GB storage (up from the current 16GB and 8GB models)
- $199 and $299 price points to be maintained
- 3.2-megapixel camera (up from the current 2-megapixel camera)
- Video-recording and editing capabilities
- Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
- Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
- OLED screen
- 1.5 times the battery life of the current models
- Double the RAM and processing power
- Built-in FM transmitter
- Apple logo on back will glow
- Rubber-tread backing
- Sleeker design
- Built-in compass
- The camera, GPS, compass and Google map combined will identify photo and inform about photo locations
- Turn-by-turn directions
Nip over to Wired and read the rest – I hope that it’s true!!
There’s some bits that are already known but I’m not sure if it will be OLED – we heard about the chips, etc why not a million OLED screens? Not convinced bout the lighty-uppy logo either.
Pic from MacRumors