N95 Firmware Update
Looks like Nokia has released a new Nokia 20.0.015 firmware version for the Nokia N95 phone.Â This isÂ supposed to cure the lag in between snapping away pics and there’s finally a long press on the camera button brings it up.Â I will be upgrading it when IÂ get home (if sober enough)later to see if this update is as good as it has been claimed. Hereâ€™s more info on the new firmware upgrade below :
Itâ€™s Out! Version 20.0.015 firmware for the Nokia N95 classic is now available via Nokia Software Update. This includes demand paging (!), so 30MB plus free RAM after booting, faster operation, N-Gage game store previews and portal stub, new camera software, integrated Search, new Welcome apps and more.
* New Welcome application
* New camera software and tweaks from the 8GB model – FAR faster shot to shot time, with â€˜Processing image messageâ€™ during any delays. I suspect the image processing algorithms have changed too, to remove some of the remaining artificial edge enhancement in the v12 firmware.
* Long press on camera button launches camera if shutter is open
* New My Nokia SMS tips and mobile web portal system
* Demand paging (for ROM applications) with 30 plus MB free RAM after booting.
* Search 4.0 integration on standby screen.
* Old multimedia menu still there, i.e. itâ€™s not the new style
* N-Gage game previews (FIFA, Asphalt) and portal/shortcut to upcoming N-Gage client, as in N81 and N95 8GB
* Nokia Music Store client, although the store server hasnâ€™t been updated to handle the N95 yet – maybe thisâ€™ll happen later today
* Keypress bug gone(!), I think
* Music player has a new visualisation and also remembers where you got to in a podcast, so you can pick it up again later on
* No auto-screen rotation, looks like I was wrong predicting this, so we need Samirâ€™s RotateMe after all – someone please help him get this signed ASAP!
* Assorted other minor tweaks, along the same lines as the N95 8GB, with video ringtones and theme animations