Linksys X6200 VDSL modem router announced
The new modem router provides a cable modem or DSL modem and a router all-in-one for a seamless wireless broadband networking experience – a crucial requirement for people wanting to make the most of their premium broadband services.
DD-WRT now expands the third party firmware choices for the WRT series of routers beyond the current support via OpenWrt’s “Chaos Calmer” release, and positions the WRT platform as a leading choice for open source developers
The Linksys X6200 VDSL modem router is an AC750 dual-band device, with data speeds up to 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 433 Mbps (5 GHz). That’s well behind the fastest routers on the market today, but should serve well for internet streaming, gaming and browsing.
- One VDSL/ADSL2/2+ port, Annex A – RJ-11 port
- One Gigabit WAN port with auto MDI/MDIX sensing (RJ-45) for Router functionality
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- One USB 2.0 port
- Supports VPN pass-through with IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP
- Supports logging for incoming and outgoing traffic
- DHCP server for LAN
- Supports Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
- IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack support
- DSL Modem supports ITU G992.5 ADSL2+ Annex A, L, and M and VDSL G.993.1 and ITU G.993.2 standards
Priced at £79.99, the compact device is equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB 2.0 port for storage and printer sharing. Also included is VPN passthrough, uPnP and IPv6 support.