iTaser – A Shocking MP3 Player!
For me the last thing thatÂ I’d think about if I was considering personal protection is how it looks.Â I wouldn’t buy a gun (if ever) just because it’s chromed – I’m more likely to go for something understated like a Baretta AutoÂ or Ingram M10Â – but hey, that’s just me!
The iTaserÂ is the brainchild of Taser International based in Arizona.Â
They state that it:
“allows for both personal protection and personal music for people on the go”.
Rick Smith, founder of the company, claims that the girly coverings prove that
“personal protection can be both fashionable and functionable”.
A spokesmanÂ at CESÂ said that including a music player would encourage purchases by women who want a form of self defence while out jogging, but who would otherwise take an iPod instead of a weapon…….I suppose it depends where you shove the iPod!
“A lot of women aren’t going to go into a gun store and feel comfortable enough buying a Taser, so now we have some outdoor companies and dealers – some cellphone places are starting to carry them and hang them next to phones,” he said.
Tunes to load on to it
- Electric Barbarella – Duran DuranÂ
- Ride the Lightning – Metallica
- She’s Electric – Oasis
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- Shakin’ All Over – Johnny Kidd and the Pirates
- Shock! – Fear Factory
- Danger High Voltage – Electric Six
- Electric BoogieÂ – Marcia Griffiths
- Shock the Monkey – Peter Gabriel
- Electric Avenue – Eddy Grant
- State of Shock – The Jacksons
- A Big Surprise – Sparks
- Shocked – Kylie (thanks Karen!)