Android Nova Launcher gets KitKat makeover
One of the things I am still enjoying since going over to Android from years of iOS is how flexible and customisable it is. I am a huge fan of Nova Launcher and the developers behind the application have just pushed an update that brings several new features which make you feel as if you’re running the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system ahead of schedule.
Sized at 3.4MB, the application requires Android 4.0 or higher to work properly and brings several features including KitKat scroll indicator, folders with light background and circle, KitKat font, app drawer and much more.
You’d have to look twice to tell Nova from the stock Google Experience Launcher.
- Kitkat scroll indicator (Desktop – Scroll Indicator)
- Kitkat folders (Folders – Light Background and Folder Background – Light Circle)Kitkat font (Look and Feel – Icon
- Font – Condensed, requires Android 4.1+)
- Kitkat app drawer icon (Get the old icon by long-pressing the drawer icon and selecting Edit then tapping the icon)
- Google Kitkat icon theme (Look and Feel – Icon Theme – Google Kitkat)
- Small autohiding tabs in app drawer (Drawer – Small Tabs)
- Configurable drawer Menu action (Drawer – Menu Action)
- Transparent system bars on Kitkat (Look and feel – Transparent Notification Bar. Requires Kitkat.)
- Drawer tab indicator scrolls during tab change
- Drawer scroll indicator is relative to current tab
- Scroll indicators animate properly for infinite scroll
- Backup/Restore from external sdcard (on devices with sdcards)
- Improved Backup management (Send backups via Gmail, Pushbullet, more)
- Fixes and optimizations
If you’ve an Android device and have yet to enjoy the Nova goodness then head over to the Google Play Store and download Nova Launcher and experience some KitKat flava.