Yes, autumn is well and truly here, so what better to brighten the days and cold nights than this groovy record player?
This 2-speed (33 and 45 RPM) turntable player combines a high density MDF base with a machined aluminium platter.
TEAC claims that this will produce incredible resonance rejection, speed control and, most importantly, audio fidelity.
Beneath that, the high inertia aluminium die-cast platter is driven by a high-torque DC motor with a durable Neoprene rubber belt. This achieves stable rotation and no tripping.
Additionally, highly accurate rotation of the platter is maintained by a polished spindle (machined from a stainless steel block). This is contained within a durable bronze spindle holder.
Further features include switchable Phono/Line level outputs on RCA (phono) connectors as well as a digital output (via USB) for easy connection. This brings the turntable bang up to date. Moreover, it enables you to hook the record player to your Mac or PC for playback and/or archiving favourite LPs.
Price and availability
The TEAC TN-420 is available now for groovers, moovers, jokers and midnight tokers. You just need to gather £329.
For further product/stockist/trade info see www.teac-audio.eu
TEAC TN-420 – main features
- 2-speed Turntable including 33-1/3 and 45 RPM for LP/EP record playback
- Unique ‘Tie-Dye’ finish
- Built-in phono equaliser amplifier for MM type cartridge (Line/Phono output switchable)
- USB digital output for transferring music from vinyl to Mac or PC
- Belt-drive turntable for enhanced speed control and consistency
- Manual arm lifter for direct tone arm control
- Static balanced S-shaped Tone Arm
- Replaceable headshell
- Anti-skating system prevents tracking errors
- Heavyweight Aluminium Die-cast Platter
- Japanese-made MM-type cartridge (audio-technica AT95E) included
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated terminals