The Luxman L-509X features the performance of separate amplifiers in a single unit. Moreover, you get a high quality, multifunctional, yet easy to use system.
The clean symmetrical design centered around a pair of traditional analogue level meters looks awesome.
The top panel features distinctive ventilation slots. The large aluminium knobs work source selection and volume control. Both are capped with a gleamimg hairline finish and blasted white barrels. That ties in nicely with the blasted white front panel, matching perfectly as a whole, drawing a beautiful shining contrast upon this high quality exterior.
Additionally, the 88-step LECUA (Luxman Electric Controlled Ultimate Attenuator) 1000 attenuator system keeps sound deterioration minimimal with just smooth and accurate volume control.
The power supply unit is equipped with independent left and right channel large capacity blocking capacitors (equivalent to those in the £1200 M-700u power amp). These are essential to the energy source for audio equipment to ensure the power supply circuit has a robust configuration.
For the pre-amp section, a discretly configured buffer circuit is installed. This improves driving power while maintaining the clarity of the signal.
Price and availability
The Luxman L-509X integrated amplifier will be available in the UK from January 2018 at an RRP of £8,500 – but that is including VAT though.
INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER L-509X specs
- ODNF Ver4.0 compatible 3-stage Darlington circuit, 4 parallel push-pull configuration class AB operation, 120W per channel(8?) rated output with greatly improved distortion characteristics in the high frequency range.
- A higly stable power supply that combines an EI type 600 VA highly regulated power transformer and large independeblock independent left & right channel blocking capacitors totaling 80,000µF(10,000µF×8).
- A discrete buffer circuit equivalent to that of our high-end C-900u control amplifier is located in the output stage of the pre-amp, improving driving power for the power amp section,
- The 88-step LECUA 1000 attenuator system achieves smooth and accurate volume control while minimizing sound deterioration.
- Peel coat printed circuit boards are used, just like our top end models, eliminating dielectric effects and reducing resistance.
- The installation of large, low impedance speaker relays support high drivability for directly connected speakers and the damping factor has benn greatly improved to 370.
- “Bee Line”construction ensures that audio signals take the optimum shortest route from input to speaker output.
- The internal wiring features original OFC cabling (Spirally wraped shielding and non-plated core wire) for natural signal transmission.
- Circuit board wiring adheres to our non-angled pattern design for smooth current and delicate audio signal transmission.
- We have employed custom designed compnents including capacitors and resistors suitable for high-end products.
- Equipped with a built-in phono equalizer compatible with MM & MC cartridges for high quality vinyl playback.
- Electronically controlled Bass/Treble tone controls and Left/Right balance adjustment control using the LECUA volume shift function on the front panel.
- Equipped with a volume-linked loudness function that matches human hearing characteristics (ON/OFF only on remote control).
- Pre/Main separation function that enables integration into bi-amp configuration with added power amp or a home theatre system.
Mechanical and structural features
- Highly responsive needle type analog meters with new white LED illumination.
- A loopless chassis structure with independent construction reduces ground impedance generated by chassis current.
- Left and right speaker terminals (A & B lines) are configured in-line with identical characteristics, for banana plugs and Y-connectors allowing for easy connection using thick speaker cables.
- Cast iron chassis feet with vibration reducing density gradient.
- In/Output Line x 4, Phono x 1 (MM/MC), Balanced line x 2, Recording in/output x 1, Separate in/output x 1
- Loudspeaker output A, B system (AB simultaneous output possible)
Amplifying circuit, output
- ODNF4.0, Bipolar?4 parallel push-pull configuration Input sensitivety / Impedance PHONO (MM)? 2.5mV / 47kohm, PHONO (MC)? 0.3mV / 100ohm, LINE? 180mV / 47kohm
- Harmonic Distortion 0.007% (1kHz/8ohm), 0.06% (20Hz?20kHz/8ohm) S/N ratio, Frequency Response LINE? 105dB or more, 20Hz?100kHz(within -3.0dB)
- [Front Panel] Power button, Input selector, Volume, Headphone jack, Cartridge (MM/MC), REC OUT,
- Speaker selector(OFF/A/B/A+B), Tone control (BASS/TREBLE), LR balance, Monitor line straight, Separate/(Controllable with remote control) Subsonic, Monaural, Loudness, Mute, Meter light [Rear Panel] Input terminals, Ground terminal, Balance phase switch, AC inlet, AC outlet
- Dimension, Weight 440 (W)×193 (H)×463 (D)(including 20mm front knob and 37mm rear terminals)mm, 29.3kg